||Denials Resolution Specialist
3725 W 4100 S
West Valley City, UT 84120
|Employment Status »
|Position Status »
- AR responsibilities are to ensure that the patient claim is reviewed for possible reimbursement issues and billed out appropriately. The AR responsibilities are to analyze and research claims to identify appropriate resolution. Depending on office needs, employees may be trained on and expected to perform job responsibilities in either category listed below.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Utilizes various documents, reports and computer systems to research account credit balances for accuracy within established deadlines. This may include initiating a refund request to the appropriate party.
- Utilizes systems, various documents and reports to identify and correct errors accurately and within established deadlines.
- Contacts insurance companies, third party payers, banks, attorneys or individuals (by phone, e-mail and regular mail) for resolution of accounts accurately and within established deadlines.
- Acts as resource for sharing knowledge and information within the team.
- Overtime may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Resolves various billing edits and denials within established timelines.
- Identifies trends and issues, verbally communicates the issues and propose solutions to the supervisor in writing.
- Follow-up (phone, e-mail and regular mail) with insurance companies/patients regarding claim/payment status through our practice management system.
- Composes/writes appeal letters using the established insurance guidelines to resolve collection barriers.
- Responds to written and email correspondence within established timelines.
- Prepares a written summary of departmental issues and concerns for supervisor.
- Answers phone calls and assists customer’s in-person to resolve issues by established timelines.
Education and Experience:
- Two-Five years denials experience in reconciliation/auditing or equivalent.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and mathematical abilities
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Effective verbal and written communication and human relation skills required.
- Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Sedentary work, requiring lifting up to 10lbs
- Repetitive motion associated with operating a computer and other office equipment
- Inside, climate-controlled working conditions
· Paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, medical, dental, vision, FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Life, Disability, EAP, 401(k), and profit share.
- Apply by sending cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com. In the email subject line, please only put DRS320. Thank you!
Granger Medical Clinic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Granger Medical Clinic complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, genetic information and testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.