Granger Medical Clinic has an immediate opening for a Full Time Financial Counselor in our Revenue Cycle department at our West Valley City location.
Granger Medical Clinic
West Valley City, Utah
Employment Status »
Position Status »
- Directly reports to RC supervisor. The Financial Counselor supports the RC team through verifying and obtaining insurance authorizations, assisting receptionists and providers with patient inquires. The FC is also responsible for interviewing patients and families with financial issues, initiating and completing financial assistance applications, as appropriate. Obtains and records payments from patients/families.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Establishing and maintaining a good working relationship with all external and internal contacts.
- Exercising good judgment and can manage the expectations of all “customers” including patients and families, clinical staff, physician groups, and all external “customers”.
- Collaborating with clinical departments, providers, Mas, and co-workers to obtain information to ensure the accuracy of the patient record and the optimal processing of the patient’s bill.
- Monitoring patient accounts, preparing bills and ensuring providers are paid in a timely manner.
Essential Functions and Duties
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Receiving and resolving patient inquiries via a high volume of incoming telephone contacts and correspondence regarding a variety of billing issues. Collects any outstanding balances and updates all demographic and insurance information as needed.
- Supports receptionists as needed for scheduling, check-in and managing PA system.
- Researching all inquiries for resolution using various sources, including contacting insurance companies and other outside contacts.
- Alerting management of any recurring billing trends and or issues encountered through patient contacts and when possible assists in developing solutions to said problems.
- Interviewing patients and families with financial issues, initiating and completing financial assistance applications, as appropriate. Obtains and records payments from patients/families.
- Verifying insurance eligibility utilizing available technologies, payor websites, or by phone contact with third-party payors.
- Processing and classifying bad debt for self-pay accounts, and reviews PCP and self-pay exceptions report and resolves issues.
- Verifying and obtaining insurance authorizations and counsel applicable areas of any out of pocket expenses along with reports.
Education and Experience
- 2 years of experience within clinical operations
- 2 years of experience as a financial counselor
- Working experience with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work with and call patients and outside agencies
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skill
- Can-do attitude and willingness to go the extra mile to help patients and the clinic achieve maximum reimbursement from coverage sources
- Any other duties as requested.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Sedentary work, requiring lifting up to 10lbs
- Repetitive motion associated with operating a computer and other office equipment
- Inside, climate-controlled working conditions
- Paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, medical, dental, vision, FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Life, Disability, EAP, 401(k), and profit share.
- Apply by sending cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email subject line, please only put FC119. Thank you!
Granger Medical Clinic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Granger Medical Clinic complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, genetic information and testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.