Granger Medical Clinic has an immediate opening for a Full or Part Time Medical Assistant/Scribe at our West Jordan location.
Granger Medical Clinic
West Jordan, Utah
Employment Status »
Position Status »
Full Time or Part Time
Perfect opportunity for students interested in pursuing medical school or a physician assistant program. Position includes direct patient care in a clinical setting. Obtain clinical hours while working closely with physicians and physician assistants; performing intake interviews, presenting chief complaint, history of present illness and more. You’ll accompany providers during full patient exam and participate in implementing treatment plans, patient education, assisting with in-office procedures; nerve blocks, trigger point injections, therapeutic Botox treatments as well as medical scribing using advanced electronic medical record system. The experience and knowledge to be gained with a position like this is great preparation for a future career as a clinician.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- The ideal candidate will possess strong organizational skills, excellent grammar and writing skills, ability to multi-task, adapt to change and handle all patient interactions with compassion and professionalism.
- Excellent customer service skills – able to communicate courteously and effectively to patients.
- Typing / key-boarding skills, 40 wpm.
- Basic arithmetic, computer and analytical skills.
- Must be dependable, flexible, and multi-task oriented.
- Enjoy working with people, being a team player and willing to help others with tasks.
- Must be able to read, communicate and write well in English.
- Must be able to communicate professionally both verbally and in writing with physicians, clinic staff and patients.
- Additional languages helpful.
Essential Functions and Duties
- Prepare in advance required information for patient visits.
- Greet, room and complete patient intake interview.
- Convey patient intake information to treating provider, accompany provider during patient exam.
- Accurately transcribe information into the chart as provider examines patient, discusses the treatment/plan of care.
- Precisely & efficiently order/schedule/authorize recommended treatments.
- Assist provider with educating patients on proposed treatment plan, procedure instructions and more.
- Assist provider with procedure visits as needed.
- Return patient phone calls in a timely manner, compassionately relaying information between provider & patient.
- Adequately document all patient interactions in electronic medical record.
Education and Experience
- Associates Degree
- Scribe experience is a plus
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Sedentary work, requiring lifting up to 10lbs
- Repetitive motion associated with operating a computer and other office equipment
- Inside, climate-controlled working conditions
- Paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, medical, dental, vision, FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Life, Disability, EAP, 401(k), and profit share.
- Apply by sending cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email subject line, please only put MAS1102. Thank you!
Granger Medical Clinic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Granger Medical Clinic complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, genetic information and testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.