Granger Medical Clinic has an immediate opening for a Full-Time Scribe in our Internal and Family Medicine at our Draper location.
Granger Medical Clinic
West Valley City and West Jordan
Internal and Family Medicine
Employment Status »
Position Status »
- Looking for a candidate who is a student finishing undergrad with the intention to pursue a medical career. This is a great opportunity to gain clinical hours and a wealth of experience participating in and scribing for physicians or physician assistants with patient contact. Candidate will work closely with the physician to perform scribing as the physician is in each patient’s room.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- The ideal candidate will possess strong organizational skills, excellent grammar and writing skills, ability to multi-task, adapt to change and handle all patient interactions with compassion and professionalism.
- Excellent customer service skills – able to communicate courteously and effectively with patients.
- Typing / key-boarding skills, 40 wpm.
- Basic arithmetic, computer, and analytical skills.
- Must be dependable, flexible, and multi-task oriented.
- Enjoy working with people, being a team player and willing to help others with tasks.
- Must be able to read, communicate and write well in English.
- Must be able to communicate professionally both verbally and in writing with physicians, clinic staff, and patients.
- Additional languages helpful.
Essential Functions and Duties
- Accompany the physician upon patient interview and examination
- Document the physician dictated patient history, including history of present illness, review of systems, past medical and surgical history, family and social histories, medications and allergies
- Document physical examination findings and procedures as performed by the physician, along with any laboratory or radiographic studies as dictated by the physician
- When the encounter concludes, the physician will review all documentation completed by the scribe, make any necessary amendments, and sign the chart.
- Scribes do not participate in any patient care and should refer all requests related to patient care to the responsible physician or medical staff
Education and Experience
- High School Graduate or G.E.D. equivalent
- Healthcare student
- Upper-Level Typing and Computer Skills
- Upper-Level knowledge of Medical terminology
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Sedentary work, requiring lifting up to 10lbs
- Repetitive motion associated with operating a computer and other office equipment
- Inside, climate-controlled working conditions
- Paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, Life, Disability, EAP, 401(k), and profit share.
- Apply by sending cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com. In the email subject line, please only put MS119. Thank you!
Granger Medical Clinic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Granger Medical Clinic complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, genetic information and testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.