Granger Medical Clinic has an immediate opening for a Full Time Medical Technologist/Medical Lab Technician at our West Valley City Clinic.
Medical Technologist/Lab Technician
West Valley City
Employment Status »
Position Status »
- Serves Granger Medical Clinic patients, staff and physicians by providing medical laboratory diagnostic information, products, and services under the direction of the laboratory manager and/or laboratory technical supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Managing Processes
- Presenting Technical Information
- Management Proficiency
- Equipment Maintenance
- Analyzing Information
- Informing Others
- Quality Focus
- Clinical Lab Testing
- Lab Environment
- Technical Understanding
Essential Functions and Duties
The medical technologist will take on significant responsibility in assisting and supporting the laboratory manager and technical laboratory supervisor in fulfilling laboratory operational duties. Specific duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Performs standardized and moderately complex biological, chemical, hematological, and immunological, tests in a clinical laboratory using both automated and manual methods.
- Evaluates the validity of patient test results before release. Maintains result quality by participating in the Granger Medical Clinic laboratory quality assurance program; consulting with medical providers and other laboratory staff members; performing proficiency surveys and reviewing quality control results.
- Maintains accurate and complete documentation of patient information, equipment and test results to comply with regulations.
- Monitors laboratory supply levels and assists in reordering and inventorying supplies.
- Complies with all relevant safety and infection control policies and procedures.
- Maintains and/or monitors the maintenance of medical laboratory equipment performance by establishing quality standards; assists in developing laboratory operations, quality, and troubleshooting procedures Ensures scheduled tests have been completed during the assigned shift.
- Assists in the Maintenance of medical laboratory information systems by identifying information needs and problems and recommending improvements.
- Assists in implementing new programs, tests, methods, instrumentation, and procedures by investigating alternatives; preparing proposals; developing and performing parallel testing; monitoring progress.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Complies with any required state and professional continuing education licensure requirements.
- Resolves problems by consulting with physicians, nurses, medical assistants and other laboratory personnel.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related responsibilities as required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Clinical Laboratory Sciences from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in hospital or other clinical laboratory setting preferred
- Previous Mass Spec experience preferred
- Paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, medical, dental, vision, FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Life, Disability, EAP, 401(k), and profit share.
- Apply by sending cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com. In the email subject line, please only put MT1016. Thank you!
Granger Medical Clinic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Granger Medical Clinic complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, genetic information and testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.