Granger Medical Clinic has an immediate opening for a Full Time LPN at our Millcreek Asthma and Allergy location.
||Licensed Practical Nurse
||Granger Medical Clinic
|Employment Status »
|Position Status »
- Fast paced interventional pain and spine practice is looking for an LPN to assist with all aspects of patient care. Duties will vary and include; assisting doctor in procedures, monitoring patients, medical transcribing/chart documentation, patient flow, pre & post op care and IV placement. The ideal candidate will possess strong organizational skills, excellent grammar and writing skills, ability to multi-task, adapt to change and handle patient interactions with compassion and professionalism. Experience/training with conscious sedation procedures a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- This position will provide clinical support to the providers who require the services of a licensed nursing professional in the capacity of delivering patient pre, intra and post-operative care.
- Additionally the LPN shall assist in duties prescribed by the providers in the form of actualizing the nursing process to include hands on care, problem solving, process definition, and phone call triage.
- The LPN needs to demonstrate a high degree of integrity and expertise in the completion of assigned tasking. Within a fast paced pain center practice. Displays an ability to semi-independently and problem solve in a positive manner. The LPN will consistently demonstrate evidence of task detail, follow through, ranking of priorities, positively adapt to an evolving care environment and new technology.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Assist physician, in a pre-operative environment.
- Indicate and promote positive patient interaction.
- Define scope of care for individualized patient encounters.
- Offer communication gleaned from the patient and family to the team.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform those skills within the scope of practice of a LPN licensed in the state of Utah.
- Provide assistance to the Medical Assistant teams when not actively engaged in peri-operative processes and on an as needed basis.
- Triage medical phone calls.
- Offer clinical management of the patient through the operative process.
- Prep patient.
- Monitor patient during procedure.
- Educate patient on post op protocol.
- Clean room and instruments.
- Ensure that pre-operative orders and consents are complete.
- Offer the patient (family to ask questions) prior to the procedure.
- Initiative providers orders in anticipation of a procedure.
- Management of the procedural process and work under the supervision of the provider.
- Manage the schedule.
- Maintain an awareness of patient recovery.
- Monitor the environment to minimize or delete potential issues.
- Communicate and participate with providers to identify methods to improve quality of the division.
- Offer the patient after-care instructions and ensure comprehension prior to patient discharge.
- Follow discharge protocols and assist the patient to their transportation where necessary.
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Be responsibile for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our site
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
Education and Experience:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Hold a current LPN License to practice nursing in Utah
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Sedentary work, requiring lifting up to 10lbs
- Repetitive motion associated with operating a computer and other office equipment
- Inside, climate-controlled working conditions
- Paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, medical, dental, vision, FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Life, Disability, EAP, 401(k), and profit share.
- Apply by sending cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email subject line, please only put LPN313. Thank you!
Granger Medical Clinic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Granger Medical Clinic complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, genetic information and testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.