Granger Medical Clinic has an immediate opening for a Full Time Medical Assistant in our Dermatology department at our West Valley City location.
||Granger Medical Clinic
West Valley City, Utah
|Employment Status »
|Position Status »
- Candidate will work closely with physicians and support staff to provide patient care including: telephone triage, insurance authorizations, recording of vital signs (blood pressure, temperature, etc.), administration of immunizations, phlebotomy, maintenance of exam rooms and filing.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills – able to communicate courteously and effectively to patients.
- Typing / key-boarding skills, 40 wpm.
- Basic arithmetic, computer and analytical skills.
- Must be dependable, flexible, and multi-task oriented.
- Enjoy working with people, being a team player and willing to help others with tasks.
- Must be able to read, communicate and write well in English.
- Must be able to communicate professionally both verbally and in writing with physicians, clinic staff and patients.
- Additional languages helpful.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Work closely with physicians and support staff to provide patient care including: telephone triage, maintenance of exam rooms, and filing.
- Act as a scribe to enter patient notes for physician into the electronic medical record
- Must be able to communicate professionally both verbally and in writing with physicians, clinic staff, and patients regarding their appointment scheduling and other needs.
- Assist physician with multiple office surgeries
- Provide patient injections for local anesthesia
- Assist in proper instrument cleaning and sterilization
- Participate as a team member in a positive work environment
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- High School Graduate or G.E.D. equivalent
- Medical Assistant Certification preferred
- Proven customer service, communication, multi-tasking, and organizational skills
- Basic computer knowledge required
- Competency in typing / key-boarding
- Minimum of 1 year experience as an MA preferred or MA externship completed
- Must be a team player and enjoy working with people
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Standing and walking for extended periods, Lifting up to 50lbs.
- Repetitive motion associated with operating a computer and other office equipment.
- Inside, climate-controlled working conditions.
Schedule and Locations:
- Hours 8:00 am -5:00 pm (4 days per week) with occasional early or late hours, 30-32 hours
- Granger Medical Dermatology services provided at West Valley, Riverton, Salt Lake City, and Tooele on a rotating schedule.
· Paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, medical, dental, vision, FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Life, Disability, EAP, 401(k), and profit share.
- Apply by sending cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email subject line, please only put MAD208. Thank you!