Granger Medical Clinic has an immediate opening for a Full or Part Time Medical Assistant/Scribe at our West Jordan location.
||Granger Medical Clinic
West Jordan, Utah
|Employment Status »
|Position Status »
||Full Time or Part Time
Perfect opportunity for students interested in pursuing medical school or a physician assistant program. Position includes direct patient care in a clinical setting. Obtain clinical hours while working closely with physicians and physician assistants; performing intake interviews, presenting chief complaint, history of present illness and more. You’ll accompany providers during full patient exam and participate in implementing treatment plans, patient education, assisting with in-office procedures; nerve blocks, trigger point injections, therapeutic Botox treatments as well as medical scribing using advanced electronic medical record system. The experience and knowledge to be gained with a position like this is great preparation for a future career as a clinician.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- The ideal candidate will possess strong organizational skills, excellent grammar and writing skills, ability to multi-task, adapt to change and handle all patient interactions with compassion and professionalism.
- Excellent customer service skills – able to communicate courteously and effectively to patients.
- Typing / key-boarding skills, 40 wpm.
- Basic arithmetic, computer and analytical skills.
- Must be dependable, flexible, and multi-task oriented.
- Enjoy working with people, being a team player and willing to help others with tasks.
- Must be able to read, communicate and write well in English.
- Must be able to communicate professionally both verbally and in writing with physicians, clinic staff and patients.
- Additional languages helpful.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Prepare in advance required information for patient visits.
- Greet, room and complete patient intake interview.
- Convey patient intake information to treating provider, accompany provider during patient exam.
- Accurately transcribe information into the chart as provider examines patient, discusses the treatment/plan of care.
- Precisely & efficiently order/schedule/authorize recommended treatments.
- Assist provider with educating patients on proposed treatment plan, procedure instructions and more.
- Assist provider with procedure visits as needed.
- Return patient phone calls in a timely manner, compassionately relaying information between provider & patient.
- Adequately document all patient interactions in electronic medical record.
Education and Experience:
- Scribe experience is a plus
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Sedentary work, requiring lifting up to 10lbs
- Repetitive motion associated with operating a computer and other office equipment
- Inside, climate-controlled working conditions
· Paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, medical, dental, vision, FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Life, Disability, EAP, 401(k), and profit share.
- Apply by sending cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email subject line, please only put MAS127. Thank you!