Cardiology is the branch of medicine dealing with disorders of the heart and circulatory system. Granger Medical Clinic’s cardiologists can assist with a variety of issues and can perform a number of tests to make sure your heart is healthy. One of the more common tests you might experience when working with a cardiologist is an echocardiogram. Variations of the test exist, but the main purpose of an echocardiogram (or an “echo test”) is to take images of the heart which are used to evaluate structure and function.
You should consult a cardiologist if:
- Your feet are often cold
- You have numbness, tingling, or swelling in your legs
- You have chest pain or feel pressure, especially when walking or climbing stairs
- You have difficulty breathing when lying flat
- You have a family history of heart disease
- You have had a stroke or mini-stroke
- You have a cough that won’t go away if you are not sick
- You have irregular or rapid pulse.
It is common for providers in other medical specialties, such as neurologists, to send patient referrals to cardiologists. And with Granger’s cardiologists, patients and other providers know they are getting help from two professionals with over 50 years of combined experience in the field.