Granger Medical Clinic has an immediate opening for a Full Time, Exempt Chief Financial Officer at our West Valley location.
Chief Financial Officer
West Valley City, Utah
Employment Status »
Position Status »
General Summary: This position is responsible for the short and long-term financial health of the organization. In conjunction with other senior executives, the CFO participates in the development of business strategies and planning for the clinic to deliver exceptional service while managing to efficient costs. The CFO adds value to the owners and Board of Directors in this wholly owned physician multispecialty organization. The CFO directs the organization’s financial planning, budgeting, capital funding and accounting practices as well as its relationship with lending institutions, pay sources, and the financial community.
Job Supervisory Responsibilities: The CFO is responsible for managers, directors, and staff of the finance department, the revenue cycle department, purchasing, inventory control, payroll and other functions. The CFO is responsible for the organizational infrastructure in these departments and must be capable of developing effective teams and leaders.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ensures that physicians, physician owners, and providers receive financial advice, counsel and meaningful financial analysis in a professional manner providing clarity of decisions and the financial impact of said decisions.
- Interacts with the COO and operations management in developing and executing the strategic financial plan.
- Oversees and directs budgeting, audit, tax, accounting, purchasing, and long-range forecasting.
- Manages and evaluates insurance activities for the organization, in conjunction with the executive team – including but not limited to credentialing and contracting with key payers.
- Oversee the performance of the revenue cycle department to ensure performance optimization.
- Evaluates and analyses performance of evolving payment methodologies under Medical Home, ACO and other plan designs including gain sharing and payer bonus programs.
- Evaluates the organization’s financial position and issues periodic reports on the organization’s financial stability, liquidity, and growth including banking covenants and required ratios.
- Develops and implements financial policies and procedures and ensures compliance.
- Assures implementation of internal controls and generally accepted accounting procedures accounting.
- Supervise all purchasing, cost, inventory control and expense management functions to ensure appropriate best value.
- Works with the CEO and Business Development Director to analyze practices for mergers, acquisitions, and other development activities for the continued growth of the organization.
- Oversees and directs the preparation and issuance of the organization’s annual tax and other reports. Prepares or reviews financial statements for Board of Directors.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks as assigned.
Essential Functions and Duties
- Knowledge of the principles of financial management sufficient to direct professional staff and coordinate all aspects involved with fiscal requirements.
- Knowledge of clinic financial and budgetary practices to develop the annual budget, analyze financial data and patterns, and prepare financial statements.
- Knowledge of clinic’s strategic business objectives and employee performance objectives.
- Knowledge of governmental and healthcare fiscal regulations and reporting requirements.
- Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision-making to achieve objectives.
- Skill in evaluating operations as they relate to policies, goals and objectives, costs, and rate levels.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, and the public.
- Skill in identifying and resolving accounting and financial problems.
- Ability to create an atmosphere that encourages motivation, innovation, and high performance.
- Ability to delegate responsibility and authority to staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly.
- Education: Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
- CPA preferred
- Experience: Must have at least five years of executive financial experience in the healthcare sector, prefer experience as CFO of medical group practice.
- Familiarity with electronic medical records, and practice management software
- Paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, medical, dental, vision, FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Life, Disability, EAP, 401(k), and profit share.
- Apply by sending cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com. In the email subject line, please only put CFO112. Thank you!
Granger Medical Clinic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Granger Medical Clinic complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, genetic information and testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.