Granger Medical Clinic has an immediate opening for a Part Time Clinical Nurse Navigator in our Population Health department at our West Valley location.
Clinical Nurse Navigator
Granger Medical Clinic
West Valley City, Utah
Employment Status »
Exempt or Non-Exempt
Position Status »
The Population Health Department at Granger Medical Clinic is looking for a part-time Population Health Clinical Nurse Navigator. The Population Health Clinical Nurse Navigator will design, develop and monitor the Chronic Care Management (CCM) and Diabetes programs for the Population Health Department at Granger Medical Clinic. The Clinical Nurse Navigator will monitor patients with chronic conditions and strive to improve their clinical outcomes. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Population Health, the Population Health Clinical Nurse Navigator will provide leadership and chronic care coordination for patients identified.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of skilled nursing facility, home health, hospice and other ancillary services regulations
- Excellent verbal communication and active listening skills, conflict resolution, integrity, empathy, compassion, patience
- Demonstration of planning, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented while maintaining a high level of efficiency and strong time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, etc.)
Essential Functions and Duties
- Design and develop the CCM program
- Work with the provider(s) in designing patient-centered care plans, based on the patient’s individual needs
- Collaborate with clinical staff to provide follow-up care (as needed)
- Ensure patients receive recommended care and preventive services in a timely manner
- Provide one-on-one attention via telephone calls to patients with two or more chronic conditions
- Assist with the medication reconciliation, transitional care, referrals, prescription refills for CCM enrollees
- Identify, arrange, and communicate with community resources
- Monitor patient progress toward the desired outcome
- Provide patient education and materials on chronic condition management and be a resource for patients, families, staff, and caregivers
- Complete the circle of care between specialists and PCP
- Work with the care management team to update patient’s care plan
- Provide clinical oversight for the diabetes protocol
- Assist the Transitional Care Management (TCM) Team with initiating contact with hospitalized patients, providing medication reconciliation, community resources, care management and clinical education according to the TCM protocol (as needed)
- Other duties as assigned
- Utah Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), required OR Registered Nurse (RN), preferred
- Advanced Knowledge of Care Transitions and Community Resources, required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing preferred
- Experience with developing clinical programs preferred
- Paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, medical, dental, vision, FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Life, Disability, EAP, 401(k), and profit share.
- Apply by sending cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email subject line, please only put CNN416. Thank you!
Granger Medical Clinic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Granger Medical Clinic complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, genetic information and testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.