Granger Medical Clinic has an immediate opening for a PT Clinical Pharmacist in our Population Health department at our West Valley location.
Granger Medical Clinic
West Valley City, Utah
Employment Status »
Position Status »
As a patient-centered organization, Granger Medical Clinic exists to enhance the health and well-being of all individuals. Success in this mission requires a culture of collaboration, excellence, leadership, compassion, and respect. The Population Health Team at Granger Medical Clinic is currently seeking for part-time Clinical Pharmacist to assist our team with the healthcare transformation movement. The desired candidate will be an integral part of the interdisciplinary clinical services as part of a comprehensive management strategy for high-risk patients. The Clinical Pharmacist will be primarily responsible for providing telephonic population health management services to patients.
Services will be provided to patients in the post-acute setting focusing on transitions of care between hospitals or nursing facilities and home and also with chronic diseases through consults from physicians, Chronic Care Management (CCM) or medication adherence calls. The clinical pharmacist’s time will be spent working telephonically in an office-based setting within the clinic.
This is an evolving position that allows the desired candidate to be a part of launching innovative clinical programs to enhance the quality of care for patients across the healthcare spectrum.
Knowledge and Skills
- Extremely Detail-Oriented
- Ability to work in a high-stress environment and manage multiple complex responsibilities
- Exceptional Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Superior Analytical, Organizational and Critical-Thinking Skills
- Consensus builder who strives to develop partnerships, teamwork, and good working relationships
Essential Functions and Duties
- Serve as the clinical pharmacy representative on the integrated Transitional Care Management (TCM) team which includes:
- Calling patients recently discharged from the hospital to perform medication reconciliation, assess the patient’s clinical status, schedule a follow-up appointment, thoroughly document etc.
- If urgent matters arise, the pharmacist must be able to problem solve to get the patient the care they need in a timely manner to prevent readmission or adverse outcomes
- The pharmacist must be familiar with best practices and clinical practice guidelines to be able to assess the appropriateness of therapy and recommend alternatives when needed
- Familiarity with TCM rules and guidelines must be maintained as part of the TCM program to ensure maximization of the profit from payers while improving the care of patients
- Work with the other TCM staff to ensure physician preferences are observed and respected for scheduling
- Participate in other clinical programs as the need arises such as:
- Medication Adherence
- Developing an efficient model for reaching out to patients with poor medication adherence
- Diabetes Protocol
- Consulting on diabetes therapy for opportunities to maximize therapy, reduce patient cost, minimize side effects, etc.
- May also include recommendations for treatment of macrovascular or microvascular complications of diabetes that are considered the standard of care
- Chronic Care Management (CCM)
- Serve as a drug information expert to the integrated care management team and physicians who request it
- Participate in monthly quality team coordination meetings with the medical director, clinical team and program director
- Utah Pharmacist License
- PharmD from an Accredited College of Pharmacy
- American Society of Health-Systems Pharmacists (ASHP) Accredited Pharmacy Residency or Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist (BCPS) Equivalents Preferred
- Paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, medical, dental, vision, FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Life, Disability, EAP, 401(k), and profit share.
- Apply by sending cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com. In the email subject line, please only put CP321. Thank you!
Granger Medical Clinic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Granger Medical Clinic complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, genetic information and testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.