Granger Medical Clinic has an immediate opening for a part time Imaging Schedule Coordinator in our radiology department at our West Valley location.
Imaging Schedule Coordinator
Granger Medical Clinic
West Valley City, Utah
Employment Status »
Position Status »
The Imaging Schedule Coordinator primary responsibility will be scheduling patients for their imaging procedure, obtain prior authorization from insurance companies, and give the patient any necessary instructions in preparation for their exam.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proper telephone etiquette
- Excellent record keeping
- Learn and utilize internal EMR system
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications and other basic computer software
- Detail Oriented
- Billing and diagnosis code
- Medical terminology and Anatomy
- Basic understanding of insurance, billing, and coding
Essential Functions and Duties
- Schedule procedures for CT, Ultrasound, and Bone Density
- Instruct patients and staff for proper preparation of various procedures
- Answer questions for doctors, medical assistant, and patients regarding procedures
- Coordinate with technologists for appropriate patient procedures
- Maintain a phone list
- Assist billing with coding or missed authorizations
- Keep an updated record
Education and Experience
- Minimum 1-year scheduling experience
- Ability to use a computer and enter data in electronic medical record system
- Prefer Radiology/Imaging experience
- eCW electronic medical record experience a plus
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Sedentary work, requiring lifting up to 10lbs
- Repetitive motion associated with operating a computer and other office equipment
- Inside, climate-controlled working conditions
- Paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, medical, dental, vision, FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Life, Disability, EAP, 401(k), and profit share.
- Apply by sending cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email subject line, please only put IS219. Thank you!
Granger Medical Clinic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Granger Medical Clinic complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, genetic information and testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.