Granger Medical Clinic has an immediate opening for a Full Time Medical Assistant/Scribe in our Dermatology department at our West Valley City location.
Granger Medical Clinic
West Valley City, Utah
Employment Status »
Position Status »
- Candidate will work closely with physicians and support staff to provide patient care including telephone triage, insurance authorizations, recording of vital signs (blood pressure, temperature, etc.), administration of immunizations, phlebotomy, maintenance of exam rooms and filing.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent customer service skills – able to communicate courteously and effectively with patients.
- Typing / key-boarding skills, 40 wpm.
- Basic arithmetic, computer, and analytical skills.
- Must be dependable, flexible, and multi-task oriented.
- Enjoy working with people, being a team player and willing to help others with tasks.
- Must be able to read, communicate and write well in English.
- Must be able to communicate professionally both verbally and in writing with physicians, clinic staff, and patients.
- Additional languages helpful.
Essential Functions and Duties
As a Medical Assistant:
- Work closely with physicians and support staff to provide patient care including telephone triage, maintenance of exam rooms, and filing.
- Must be able to communicate professionally both verbally and in writing with physicians, clinic staff, and patients regarding their appointment scheduling and other needs.
- Assist physician with multiple office surgeries
- Provide patient injections for local anesthesia
- Assist in proper instrument cleaning and sterilization
- Participate as a team member in a positive work environment
- Other duties as assigned
As a Scribe:
- Accompany the physician upon patient interview and examination
- Document the physician dictated patient history, including history of present illness, review of systems, past medical and surgical history, family and social histories, medications and allergies
- Document physical examination findings and procedures as performed by the physician, along with any laboratory or radiographic studies as dictated by the physician
- When the encounter concludes, the physician will review all documentation completed by the scribe, make any necessary amendments, and sign the chart.
Education and Experience
- High School Graduate or G.E.D. equivalent
- Medical Assistant Certification preferred
- Proven customer service, communication, multi-tasking, and organizational skills
- Basic computer knowledge required
- Competency in typing/keyboarding
- Minimum of 1-year experience as an MA preferred or MA externship completed
- Must be a team player and enjoy working with people
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Standing and walking for extended periods, Lifting up to 50lbs.
- Repetitive motion associated with operating a computer and other office equipment.
- Inside, climate-controlled working conditions.
Schedule and Locations
- Hours 8:00 am -5:00 pm (4 days per week) with occasional early or late hours, at least 32 hours
- Granger Medical Dermatology services provided at West Valley, Riverton, Salt Lake City, and Tooele on a rotating schedule.
- Paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, medical, dental, vision, FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Life, Disability, EAP, 401(k), and profit share.
- Apply by sending cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com. In the email subject line, please only put MASD326. Thank you!
Granger Medical Clinic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Granger Medical Clinic complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, genetic information and testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.