Granger Medical Clinic has an immediate opening for a Full Time Coder at our West Valley City location.
Granger Medical Clinic
West Valley City, Utah
Employment Status »
Position Status »
Essential Functions and Duties
- Extract information from operation reports, transcription, and other documents and apply proper CPT and ICD-9 codes to the applicable billing documents.
- Provide coding and billing education / feedback to providers.
- Research, correct, resubmit and appeal denied claims.
- Keep informed on standard as well unique payer policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Demonstrated / proven customer service, communication, multi-tasking, and organizational skills.
- Must be certified by AAPC or AHIMA (CPC, CCS-P).
- Medical coding experience required (2 years)
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Sedentary work, requiring lifting up to 10lbs
- Repetitive motion associated with operating a computer and other office equipment
- Inside, climate-controlled working conditions
- Paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, medical, dental, vision, FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Life, Disability, EAP, 401(k), and profit share.
- Apply by sending cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email subject line, please only put CO1102. Thank you!
Granger Medical Clinic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Granger Medical Clinic complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, genetic information and testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.