Granger Medical Clinic has an immediate opening for a Part Time Medical Laboratory Technician in our at our West Valley location.
Medical Laboratory Technician
Granger Medical Clinic
West Valley City, Utah
Employment Status »
Position Status »
Granger Medical Clinic is seeking a Medical Laboratory Technician who is a team player who interacts with patients, clinic employees, managers, and other team members while maintaining professional standards.
Knowledge and Skills
- Responsible for performing various routine or special clinical laboratory tests in all moderately complex sections of the laboratory using automated equipment, manual testing, and microscopic analysis to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of the principles of laboratory testing, possessing the ability to identify problems that may arise in testing patient samples as a result of the many types of disease states.
- Understands phlebotomy, specimen processor, lab assistant, and med tech duties and gives direction as needed.
Essential Functions and Duties
- Participate in performance improvement activities.
- Prepares for testing procedures by adding reagents, preparing solutions, mixing chemicals, spinning blood in centrifuges to separate it out following standard laboratory procedures to ensure reliable and accurate test results
- Evaluates the validity of results obtained and reports results to appropriate clinical personnel.
- Reports abnormal results by informing director or physician.
- Regularly cleans, performs routine maintenance on, and calibrates instruments and equipment to ensure the reliability of test results and observe quality control (QC) standards.
- Performs standard hematological procedures, as well as more specialized and complex procedures, such as identifying and counting all formed elements in urine and other body fluids.
- Inoculates specimens on appropriate culture media
- Associated Degree in physical or Medical Lab Science and MLT (ASCP) or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- AAS preferred
- Must be familiar with various computer software applications and LIS.
- Must have excellent analytical and interpersonal skills.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- The position is classified as OSHA Category I where regular job duties have a continuous potential of exposure to bloodborne pathogens throughout the day.
- Paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, medical, dental, vision, FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Life, Disability, EAP, 401(k), and profit share.
- Apply by sending cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com. In the email subject line, please only put MLT419. Thank you!
Granger Medical Clinic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Granger Medical Clinic complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, genetic information and testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.