||Patient Account Representative
||Granger Medical Clinic
West Valley City, Utah
|Employment Status »
|Position Status »
- Granger Medical has an immediate opening for a patient account representative. This position organizes patient claims to forward to appropriate third party payers. Review patient claims to make sure that payer specific billing requirements are met, follows-up on billing, and updates accounts as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Insurance denial and some coding experience.
- Excellent customer service, communication, multi-tasking, and organizational skills.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to answer and handle high patient call volumes.
- Able to balance the ability to collect on a patient balance while maintaining a high level of customer service
- Functions effectively within a team, works well with others and contributes in a cooperative effort.
- Demonstrates ongoing enthusiasm and commitment to the work assigned.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Receives and updates records about financial status of patients.
- Accounts receivable for insurance and patient collections.
- Handles various types of correspondence and customer phone calls.
- Consultation with patients about financial options for payment.
- Other duties assigned
Education and Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Previous medical billing experience required.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Sedentary work, requiring lifting up to 10lbs
- Repetitive motion associated with operating a computer and other office equipment
- Inside, climate-controlled working conditions
· Paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, medical, dental, vision, FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Life, Disability, EAP, 401(k), and profit share.
- Apply by sending cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com. In the email subject line, please only put PAR320. Thank you!
Granger Medical Clinic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Granger Medical Clinic complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, genetic information and testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.