Granger Medical Clinic is seeking a full time Physician to work in their Urgent Care Department. Candidates should be BC/BE in Family Medicine, Occupational or Emergency Medicine. The ideal candidate will be confident, self-motivated and above all else compassionate.
About Granger Medical Clinic
Established in 1954 with a focus on primary care, Granger Medical Clinic has grown to become the largest independent, multi-specialty medical group in the Salt Lake Valley with services available in Davis and Tooele County. Primary care and/or specialty clinics are currently located in Draper, Millcreek, Murray, Riverton, Salt Lake City, Tooele, West Jordan, West Valley and Bountiful. Today, our expanding team includes more than 150 providers at 22 locations. The continual growth of our organization can be attributed to its ability to attract high quality physicians and mid-level providers who share the same vision. That vision is a commitment to quality and patient-focused care.
Granger Medical Clinic is 100% owned and managed by its physicians. Since we are not owned by a health plan, health system or hospital chain, our providers are focused on patient care decisions that are in the best interest of our client’s health and wellness. Healthcare services continue to evolve towards outpatient settings as it becomes more publically recognized that the cost of hospital-based outpatient care can often be twice that of independent, outpatient settings. It is for this reason that Granger chooses to utilize independent services for its own employees.
- Four clinic locations throughout the Salt Lake Valley. Shifts are rotated among these locations
- No call schedule required
- Average work-week is 32 hours (hrs. may vary from week to week).
- Shift lengths vary between 4 and 12 hours
- Saturdays are rotated (closed Sundays). There are seven Holidays that the clinics close for.
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Able to work independently and collaboratively with clinic staff
- Ability to exercise good personal and clinical judgement and make sound decisions
- Able to communicate with patients effectively, promoting quality customer service
- Able to perform under stress where necessary
- Able to communicate and document accurately and concisely
- Demonstrate knowledge of all equipment used; including safe practices, etc.
- Able to understand the needs of each patient age group, modifying approach as necessary
- Demonstrates high personal and professional integrity
Essential Functions and Duties
- Demonstrate operational excellence and delivery of quality of care
- Ensure proper billing and documentation within EMR system
- Adheres to all safety requirements, notifying appropriate manager if breaches are found
- Adheres to compliance in all areas; HIPAA, code of ethics, licensure, etc.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Maintain professional dress code, demonstrate polite behaviors conducive to quality customer service, cognizant of environmental issues in a health care setting
- Willingness to participate in various Quality Improvement programs
- Participates actively in support and orientation of new staff
- Willing to maintain a highly collaborative relationship with colleagues
- Reports to the Urgent Care Chair, Board of Directors
Education and Experience
- Licensure: State of Utah Medical license and DEA license
- Board certification
- Satisfactory completion of Medical degree and residency program(s)
- BLS certification
- Other education as approved by Urgent Care Chair and Board of Directors
- Paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, medical, dental, vision, FSA, Dependent Care FSA, life, disability, EAP, 401(k), profit share.
Please send Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae to Katie Jolles at email@example.com