Avery K. Garner, DPM
Dr. Garner joins Granger Medical Clinic as a fellow in foot and ankle reconstruction. He is a native of Boise, ID, however, he went to college in Utah where he was a division 1 athlete at Utah Valley University in the sport of wrestling.
He attended medical school at the California School of Podiatric Medicine at Samuel Merritt University in the Bay Area. Dr. Garner recently completed his residency training at Carilion Clinic in Roanoke, VA.
Dr. Garner believes in an individualistic approach. He knows every patient has a unique story and certain life circumstances, and he takes all things into consideration when treating his patients. He takes his role as a physician and surgeon very seriously and takes special care to listen to the concerns of each of his patients. He is noted among his colleagues for his hard work and attention to detail.
He is married and enjoys exercise, sushi, and spending time with his family.
- 3 years at a level 1 trauma center with Carilion Clinic in Roanoke, Virginia.
- Currently operates at Jordan Valley Medical Center, St. Marks Hospital, and Alta View Hospital
- Foot and ankle reconstructive surgery
- Ankle fractures
- Ankle sprains
- Plantar fasciitis
- Foot drop
- Diabetic care
- 3 years of medical missions to the California-Mexico border to provide a free foot and ankle clinic and general health care to residents in San Ysidro, CA.
- Medical School
- California School of Podiatric Medicine at Samuel Merritt University; Oakland, CA - 2019
- Podiatric Medicine and Surgery, Carillion Clinic; Roanoke, VA, 2022
- SMG Foot and Ankle Reconstruction with Gregory S. Anderson, MD - 2022 - Current
- Board Qualified
- American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery (ABFAS)