Erin grew up surrounded by medicine and from a young age, she knew she wanted to carry on the family tradition. In 2013, she received her Bachelor of Science in Nursing from the University of Utah and began her nursing career on a medical-surgical unit – which is where she quickly discovered her desire to pursue a degree in Advanced Nursing. Erin was accepted into the Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Program at Duke University and relocated to North Carolina, where she graduated with honors in 2016 with a specialty concentration in Cardiology and Veteran’s Health. She was then chosen to participate in a pilot Primary Care Residency with Duke University & the Durham VA Medical Center, where she would complete her clinical rotations in Primary Care, Dermatology, and eventually Gastroenterology, where she would ultimately discover her true passion. After residency, Erin remained employed through the VA working on their Gastroenterology Medicine Service Line until she moved back to Utah in 2021. Since then, she has worked with Steward Medical Group specializing in Gastroenterology and is now looking forward to this new opportunity to join the Granger Medical Clinic Gastroenterology team.
Erin is deeply committed to each of her patients. Her empathy and ability to personally connect to her patients enables her to establish a personalized care plan which allows each patient to heal and thrive to their own highest potential according to their unique life paths.
Erin resides in Bountiful with her husband, her daughter and three energetic labs. She enjoys spending her free time with her family outdoors in all of the natural beauty Utah has to offer.
- Advanced assessment of the GI patient in an outpatient clinical setting with a particular focus to include acute/chronic abdominal pain, alcoholic liver disease upper/lower bleeding in the digestive tract
- Diverticular disease and other diseases of the colon (IBS, Ulcerative Colitis, and Crohn’s disease)
- Gall Bladder disease
- Malabsorption disorders (celiac disease and lactose intolerance)
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD)
- Duke University; Durham, NC - 2016
- Duke University Scholl of Nursing/Durham Veteran Affairs Medical Center - 2016 -2017
- Board Certification
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Program (AANPCP)
- Board Certification
- Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner - 2016