Dr. Velasquez was born in Guatemala and immigrated to the United States in 1981. He quickly became busy with community tasks. In the 90’s, with the support of his wife, he went back to the books and passed the medical boards. UCLA in CA gave him the opportunity to do a surgical internship that gave him the skills to later move from Family Medicine to Emergency Medicine, which he practiced for 18 years. the time came for him to stop traveling and have a local job that allowed him to have a family life and leave behind the stress of ER. He is excited to join Urgent Care here at Granger Medical Clinic.
Dr. Velasquez believes in providing patients with an up-to-date standard of care. He likes the role of patient advocate and loves to satisfy their needs to a reasonable point without compromising the clinic, himself, or the patient. Family has been the center of his life, after his relationship with God.
He is married and has four daughters, one son, and 17 grandchildren. He loves to play soccer, write, and invent devices like U.S. Patent #55,536,262.
Dr. Velasquez has authored the following books: “The Fiasco of Western Health”, “Cor Meum Apertum” (My Open Heart), “The Madhouse of Seville”, “Lacrimae Cordis” (Tears of the Heart), and “Filius Dei” (The Son of God).
- HCA Fall Creek, Houston, TX
- The Emergency Center, Phoenix, AZ
- National Medical Professionals, Phoenix, AZ
- Emerus-Providence Emergency Hospitals, El Paso, TX
- Medical Preceptor at the University of New Mexico, Medical School801.965.
- 14 additional organizations
- Emergent procedures
- Urgent Care
- Family Medicine
- Served as a religious leader in Los Angeles, CA
- Member of the humanitarian services of a partnership between The American College of Surgeons and LDS Charities under the Area Initiative Medical Council of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Associated with OSSA, Orthopedic Solutions humanitarian services in Guatemala
- Associated with “I Help” humanitarian services in Guatemala
- Medical School
- San Carlos University; Guatemala - 1980
- University of New Mexico: Albuquerque, NM 2008
- Eastern New Mexico; Roswell, NM - 2008
- Board Certified
- Family Medicine