Ronak Iqbal, MD
Dr. Iqbal started her medical career at the University of Illinois at Chicago, initially as a research fellow in solid organ transplantation. She then went on to do a two-year residency in General Surgery in 2008-2010. After meeting her husband, she moved to Salt Lake City, switched to Internal Medicine, and completed her Internal Medicine Residency at the University of Utah in 2014. Dr. Iqbal went on to further complete an advanced fellowship in Geriatric from the University of Utah in 2022. The Geriatric fellowship has allowed her to broaden her understanding of elderly care and the process of aging. She now focuses on the 5M of the age-friendly health system.
- What matters most: is understanding and aligning care to patient health outcome goals, including end-of-life care.
- Medications: When necessary deprescribing medication that reinforces that patient’s, health goals
- Mobility: Encouraging older adults to move safely daily.
- Mentation: Prevent, identify, treat and manage dementia, depression, and delirium.
- Multicomplexity: Social determinants of health.
Health is more than health care. Working in an ambulatory setting allows her to understand the social determinants of health which is crucial as it is a significant contributor to health disparities in our society, and develop true partnerships with patients and their families. Trust is built over time, and with trust comes the incredible opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to my patient’s health care goals. As a health professional, Dr. Iqbal believes in humanistic care. She is an advocate for constructive social change and believe in diversity, inclusiveness, and equity.
Dr. Iqbal is committed to being a practitioner that has competent across broad domains of knowledge, attitudes, and skills. Dr. Iqbal also has a particular interest in end-of-life hospice and palliative care.
Accepting Medicare insurance.
- Medical School
- Ziauddin Medical University; Karachi, Pakistan – 2002
- University of Illinois; Urbana, IL – 2010, University of Utah; Salt Lake City, UT – 2014
- Board Eligible
- Internal Medicine