Be aware of anyone contacting you regarding employment opportunities at Granger Medical Clinic. We will only contact you from the domains @grangermedical.com, @send.applicantemails.com, and @applicantemail.com. All others are a potential scam. Granger does not ask for payment of any kind for employment opportunities. To report suspicious activity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Healthy Breakfast Ideas
Here are some breakfast ideas that combine protein with some complex carbohydrates and plenty of fiber. Start your day with a meal that will keep you satisfied.
- Whole grain toast topped with avocado and fried or scrambled egg – hot sauce optional
- Crunchy yogurt: Combine 6 oz fat-free plain Greek yogurt, ½ cup blueberries, ¼ c granola cereal, 1 Tbsp. ground flax seed, and 1 Tbsp chopped walnuts, pecans, or almonds.
- Eggs and English muffin: Scramble 1-2 eggs in a pan coated with 1 tsp canola or olive oil; top with ¼ cup chopped tomato, onion, and salsa. Serve on toasted 100% whole grain English muffin
- Nutty Oatmeal: Top 1 cup cooked plain oatmeal with ¼ cup walnuts or other nuts; add cinnamon and berries
- Veggie omelet: Sauté in 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil any combination chopped mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, and spinach. Add garlic, and herbs and spices if desired; and 2 scrambled eggs, and cover pan until set. Top with shredded sharp cheddar or parmesan cheese, cover pan, and cook 1 minute until cheese melts. Serve with 1 cup fresh fruit. (Note: Make a large omelet on weekends, and have leftovers for breakfast during the week.)
- 1 cup cottage cheese with chopped tomatoes or salsa, herb and spices of your choice
- 1 cup cottage cheese with 1 cup chopped apple, berries, or any fresh fruit and cinnamon
- Green smoothie: Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth: 1 cup original almond milk, 1 cup chopped kale or spinach, 3/4 cup frozen blueberries, 1 Tbsp. natural peanut or almond butter, few shakes cinnamon, 1 Tbsp. ground flax seeds (optional)
- 1 slice whole grain toast with 2 Tbsp. natural almond or peanut butter and sliced fresh apples, pears, peaches, or banana slices
- 1 whole grain tortilla spread with hummus, shredded cheese, sliced red peppers, avocado slices, and any other vegetables you like. Roll tortilla up.
- 1 corn tortilla cooked under the broiler with melted cheese and 2 Morningstar Farms Vegetarian Sausage Links, 1 cup fresh fruit
- 1 whole grain tortilla cooked under the broiler with fat free refried beans and melted cheese. Top with avocado and salsa if desired.
- Make your favorite quiche recipe crustless in 12 muffin cups. This makes a lot so you can refrigerate to eat during the week. Serve with a piece of fresh fruit.