Granger Medical Riverton is proud to announce the return of the Mammobile by Mountain Medical. The Mammobile provides convenient mammogram screenings for our patients in the local community, and we are happy they are again providing us their expertise to benefit the women of West Valley.
The Mammobile will be available June 29th, 2016, from 9am-4:15pm at the Granger Medical Riverton location, 12391 South 4000 West, Riverton, UT 84065. Patients are able to schedule their mammograms in advance and appointments are recommended.
Mountain Medical offers several convenient ways to schedule your mobile mammography appointment:
Schedule by Phone: 801-713-0593
Please have your physician’s name and insurance information available when you schedule. Mountain Medical provides confidential results to patients and their primary care physician(s) of choice.
Eligibility guidelines for screening mammography:
- Must be a woman 40 and older. Physician referral is not required but patient must have a physician’s name for reporting purposes.
- Women under 40 whose mother or sister had breast cancer before age 50 are eligible 10 years earlier than their mother or sister was diagnosed. Physician referral is required.
- Must be one year since previous mammogram.
- Must not be pregnant or breast-feeding.
- No new breast lumps/concerns. Patient should promptly contact their physician for evaluation if experiencing breast problems.
How should I prepare for my exam?
- Please bring your photo ID and insurance card (if applicable) to your appointment.
- If prior mammograms were performed at a facility other than Mountain Medical, please bring those films to your appointment. If you do not have the films, please bring the name and address of the facility where they were performed.
- On the day of the examination, do not wear talcum powder, lotion or perfume under your arms or on your breasts. These substances can cause artifacts on your mammogram, making the images harder to interpret. Deodorant may be worn; we will have individual wipes so you can remove it before the exam and deodorant will be available to you after your exam.
- Wear two-piece clothing so that you only have to remove your top and bra for the examination.
- Please bring any pertinent medical history information to your appointment: prior surgeries, hormone use, family or personal history of breast cancer, etc.
For more information about Mountain Medical’s Mobile Mammography, your exam, or the guidelines for early detection please visit www.mountainmedical.com.